become a Student Leader
The Intersection looks for mature, motivated students. You qualify for The Intersection program and are invited to apply if you:
- Are currently a junior in a Baltimore City School.
- Are from a family with little or no history of attending college.
- Have demonstrated leadership potential, and show maturity, initiative, and curiosity about the world around you.
- Are interested in advocating for yourself, your peers and your community.
- Are willing to be in a group setting with students from different schools.
- Can commit to meeting at The Intersection office 2-3 times a week.
What does The Intersection offer students?
- One-on-one college counseling
- Service learning credit
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills, and positively impact your city through community based projects.
- Service learning credits (More than 100 hours a year)
- Paid summer employment through YouthWorks
- Strengthening of critical thinking skills through The Intersection’s social justice curriculum and through engaging, student-centered conversations around current issues and events.
- Contact with community leaders, lawmakers, and professionals in careers that interest you.
How do you apply?
The student application process includes the following steps:
- Complete an Intersection Student Application form and the accompanying essays. Email your completed application and essays to email@example.com
- Interview with The Intersection selection committee at our office located at 2900 E. Fayette St. Baltimore MD 21224.